- We embrace the “aloha spirit” by our teaching, sharing and offering of goodwill and fellowship.
- We represent the sport in a respectful manner by striving to be historically accurate and treating the subject matter with dignity.
- We work to earn the confidence and respect of the community we serve by striving to constantly improve and increase our capacity to do good work through our staff, volunteers and donors.
- We strive to operate at the highest standards of professional conduct by adopting best practices and methods that are reliable and repeatable. We embrace and adopt the American Association of Museum standards of ethical behavior.
- We remain non political and non denominational in our dealings.
We insist on giving our best effort in everything we do and we inspire each other and those around us to standards of excellence in all endeavors. We see a big difference between “good mistakes” (best effort, bad result) and “bad mistakes” (sloppiness or lack of effort).
- We treat each other with respect and look to be fair and compassionate.
- We understand that clarity in our mission, goals, and personal interactions is critical to our success.
- We require complete honesty and integrity in everything we do.
- We are open and direct and “up front” in our communications with our coworkers, volunteers and members of the public.
- We are courteous and responsive in our dealings. When we make commitments, we live up to them.
- We are frugal and respect the value of our donor’s dollar. We protect and conserve the Foundations assets with the highest degree of vigilance possible.